About the Notes
Usage and Distribution
- My notes, web pages, and videos are copyrighted --- please
don't describe them as "public domain".
- You may use my notes, web pages, and videos without charge for personal
study. You may distribute them (e.g. to classes) without any
payment to me, provided that you do not profit by such
distribution. Commercial or for-profit distribution requires
my explicit approval.
- If you cite my notes or pages, or if you use large chunks
verbatim, you should follow standard academic citation practice
and give me the credit (or the blame).
- I appreciate hearing about typos or mistakes.
- While the specifics of the exposition are original, most
of the mathematical ideas are not.
- I don't distribute the TeX source for the notes.
How the notes were written
All of my notes are written in (plain) TeX, the mathematical typesetting system created by Donald Knuth. I use emacs for text editing. I use inkscape, maxima, and Mathematica to create most of the graphics. Essentially all of my work is done on linux.
Bruce Ikenaga's Home Page