Millersville University Faculty Senate
General Education Review Committee
DRAFT (4/26/00--Amended by GERC on 4/25/00)
Coordinator of the General Education Program
Description of Position
The Coorinator of the General Education Program at Millersville University
will be a member of the faculty who will be given on-quarter released time
each semester to oversee the continuing development and assessment of
general education in accord with the requirements and expectations of
appropriate accrediting bodies. [Section in italics added on 4/25/00]
The coordinator will be the faculty's liaison with the administration
concerning general education and will report to the Provost or her
designee. He or she will be an advocate for the general education
objectives and curriculum, acting with the advice and consent of the
faculty and appropriate administrators.
Duties of the Coorindator of the General Education Program
- Coordinate the assessment of general education by working closely with
department chairs, school deans, appropriate faculty committees, and
designated members of the administration.
- Initiate and coordinate programs to assist students in understanding
and appreciating the general education program and its rationale,
especially as part of summer orientation.
- Initiate and coordinate programs to assist faculty and staff regarding
general education. This may include orientation of new faculty, continuing
education for all interested faculty, and special events.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the General Education Review Committee.
- Consult, as needed, with a member of the administration designated by
- Advise the Undergraduate Course and Program Review Committee with
respect to the general education curriculum.
- Compile an annual report on general education to be presented to the
- Assist the General Education Review Committee in conducting the
five-year performance review of the general education program.
Return to Faculty Senate Home Page
Return to MU Home Page