The academic policies committee submits the following study abroad policy
to the faculty senate. Rationale
Because international study is generally recognized as a valuable liberal
arts educational experience and because study abroad makes a significant
contribution to some academic majors (anthropology, foreign languages,
international studies, etc.), the Academic Policies Committee recommends
that the following policy be adopted to govern study abroad credits, so
that students may continue to obtain financial aid to pursue such
important special study. Policy (This policy would be inserted on page 95 or 96 of the
1. Study abroad allows a student to pursue study of major course and
general education requirements in an international setting.
2. Courses completed through study abroad are treated as resident
3. Written approval of the Director of International Affairs, the
student's adviser, the department chairperson of the student's major, and
the Registrar is required prior to study abroad.
4. Study must take place on the campus of a degree-granting institution or
through an accredited U.S. institution's study abroad program.
5. The student's sumulative Q.P.A. must be 2.00 or higher.
6. Courses taken at Millersville may not be repeated during study abroad.
This policy applies whether the course has been passed or failed. Return to Faculty Senate Home Page Return to MU Home Page