Millersville University, Faculty Senate
Faculty Senate Minutes
February 20, 2001
FINAL EXAM SCHEDULE GUIDELINES
The final exam schedule for the fall semester is developed by the Registrar's
Office based on the following guidelines:
Final exams for all MWF courses in fall 2000 were scheduled in the 10
exam periods available in the morning on Tuesday through Saturday. Finals for
TTh courses were scheduled during the two afternoon periods on Tuesday through
Thursday (6 exam slots).
In response to Faculty Senate suggestions, an attempt will be made in fall
2001 to switch the two MWF exams scheduled for Tuesday morning in fall 2000 to
another time so that students will not have their last class on Monday and
their final on the next day.
- Exams periods are scheduled Tuesday through Saturday as follows:
- Period 1 8-10 a.m.
- Period 2 10:15-12:15 p.m.
- Period 3 12:30-2:30 p.m.
- Period 4 2:45-4:45 p.m.
- No finals are scheduled during the last exam period on Friday afternoon
because of graduation rehearsal.
- No Saturday afternoon exams, if possible.
- Exams scheduled on Saturday morning should be for meeting times with the
least number of students enrolled (ex. MWF 4:00).
- Students should not have more than 3 exams scheduled in the same day
(the technology to implement this guideline is not available).
- The final exam for Monday evening courses is scheduled for Friday evening.
- Exams for Teusday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening courses are scheduled on
the same night as the regular class.
- Exams for Saturday classes, if any, are scheduled on Saturday from
- An attempt is made to schedule final exams so that students who have
back-to-back classes on MWF or TTh do not have back-to-back finals on the same
day. An attempt is made to distribute finals for the most popular meeting
times throughout the week so they do not all fall on the same day.
Return to Faculty Senate Home
Return to MU Home Page